Sunday, July 27, 2008

My venture into blogging......starting with 100 things about me.

I have never blogged before. I really enjoy reading all the great blogs I have found (especially knitting related). So I thought to christen my experience I would begin with sharing some info about myself.

100 things about me.....

100. I am allergic to shellfish.
99. My first dog was named Amigo. He was my best friend for many years.
98. I am addicted to Coke Zero.
97. I am a relatively new knitter but love everything about it and all I have learned.
96. I am deathly afraid of tornados.
95. I have been married to my best friend Paul for the last 9 years.
94. My mother died almost 6 years ago.....I still miss her every day.
93. I love Reese's peanut butter cups.
92. I have lost touch with some of my closest friends from my past and am very sad about it.
91. I have two cats . Fozzie and Gonzo
90. I have been a nurse for 13 years.
91. I have been a nurse practitioner for 3 years.
88. Apparently I have a hard time counting backwards (see above).
87. I generally talk to my friend Melissa every day. (Thanks Mel)
86. My son, Noah is my baby. He is a momma's boy.
85. My daughter Maddie, is a girlie girl. Having her was my salvation. Without her or Noah I
am not sure I would have made it through the loss of my mother.
84. I wish I had more friends locally to do things with.
83. I love to read.
82. The last book I read was by Nora Roberts.
81. I have seen every episode of Sex and the City (at least twice)
80. I have never left the United States.
79. I really do not like to fly.
78. I currently have 4 knitting projects on needles (tulip sweater, fingerless mitts, skirtsickle,
baby kimono sweater)
77. I want to adopt a new dog I met yesterday at the farmers market. Her name is Mia.
76. Sometimes I feel like I do not deserve the life that I have.
75. I wish my father cared more about me and my children.
74. I wish my children had grandparents locally.
73. I know quite a few Salt n Pepa songs word for word.
72. I like to go to garage sales.
71. I like to shop on ebay.
70. I spent to summers at a girls camp in Maine as a camp nurse.
69. I used to drive a green VW convertible beetle.
68. I graduated from high school 19 years ago.
67. My best friend when I was little lived across the street from me had the same name
Kristie Lee (first and middle/me) Kristi Lee (first and last/her)
66. My friend Sharon who I have known since 7th grade is currently in Iraq.
65. Places I have lived in order: Lexington Ky, Hindman Ky, Louisville Ky, Terre Haute In,
Renssalaer In, Lafayette In, Clinton In, Poland ME, Floyds Knobs In.
64. I was in a sorority in college....Gamma Phi Beta
63. I love to cuddle with my babies.
62. I haven't been drunk in at least 10 years.
61. I had the two best grandmothers in the world. I miss them and wish my children could
have known them.
60. I was never popular in high school. I desperately wanted to be. My goal is to teach my
children the confidence that I lacked.
59. I love to have pedicures
58. I have one tattoo.
57. I am proud of my husband for all he has accomplished.
56. I hate mayonaise.....or anything with mayonaise in it.
55. I used to work in ICU.
54. Now I work in a cardiology practice as a nurse practitioner.
53. I do not want to have any more children.
52. I know I snore.
51. McSteamy.
50. I think that Harry Connick Jr. is sexy.
49. I want to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
48. I watch Beveryly Hillls 90210 reruns.
47. Favorite shows: Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Project Runway, Big brother, Hopkins, Cold
Case, October Road, Private Practice.
46. I can't stand Family Guy.
45. My kindergarten teachers name was Mrs Chittenden
44. I don't like roller coasters.
43. I play bunko once a month.
42. I am not sure if I will go to my high school reunion.
41. My biggest fear is not being a good parent to my children.
40. I sleep with the tv on.
39. I can't stand the sound of crunching ice.
38. When I was 5 our house caught on fire.
37. I breast fed both my kiddos for one year.
36. I don't smoke never have.
35. My husbands grandma makes the best cookies ever.
34. Dream in color yarn is awesome. I wish I had every colorway of classy.
33. I want to knit a sweater for my husband by Christmas.
32. I like to play Wii, but my kids beat me.
31. I wish I could be a SAHM.
30. Sometimes I get car sick.
29. I wish I had a nice singing voice.
28. I want to take my family to Disney world.
27. I want to live a debt free life.
26. I am not good at parallel parking.
25. The only fan mail I ever wrote was to LuJack from Guiding Light (he neve responded)
24. I used to love Menudo. Lisa and I were going to run away from home, take a bus to NYC to
see them in concert. I was in love with Charlie Rivera.
23. My first concert I ever saw U2 The Joshua Tree.
22. The last concert I saw was Garth Brooks.
21. I used to have a crush on Kyle Macy who played UK basketball in the 70's.
20. I like the Judds and Randy Travis.
19. I have a half sister...Susan Renee Hendrix.... I haven't seen her in years and would like to
find her.
18. I don't like to be hot.
17. I don't like coffee.
16. Sometimes I don't think I am the kind of wife my husband deserves.
15. I love the smell of my children.
14. I used to be really good at roller skating.
13. I go to Northside Christian Church.
12. I am not a good cook.
11. My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip
10. I like to shop at target.
9. I collect Longaberger baskets
8. I have to many purses.
7. I had two c-sections.
6. I like the movies Pure Country and Eight Seconds
5. The best road trip ever was from Lafayette Indiana to Portland Maine with Shannon
Sanders.
4. I loved Keanu Reeves in the movie Speed.
3. I can't believe that I am almost 40.
2. I wish I was a better dancer.
1. Despite all I have and haven't done, I wouldn't change a thing...."God bleesed the broken road
that led me straight to you".

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Hi, I am with ya on numbers.....
93, 83, 79, 50, 46, 44, 29, and 3.

Lora said...

I LOVE REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS TOO!
Hey honey, dance away no matter what you look like, as long as it makes you happy.
I love pedicures too.
I am super proud of my hubby too.
I like Target too.
I had 2 c-sections too.

Anonymous said...

Great Start on your blog. Have you read any of Debbie Macomber? I learned a lot of nice things about you.

Anonymous said...

Good job on your blog. . .keep it up. . .people will read if you post regularly. . .then they will keep coming back to see what you have to say with each post. . .I can beat you at Wii as well. . .I am with you that our kids are pretty special, but I am on the fence with the cats. . .still coming to terms with their alternative life style. . .I could live and let live, but then they start licking. . .

BakerX said...

Welcome to the dubious venture that our society calls blogging...

I know your lovely spirit is gonna class it up for everyone!